Happy Hump Day Everyone!!! It is day 8 of our Keto Diet and Fitness #30DayChallenge!!! We have officially completed one full week!!! How did the first week go? What challenges and successes have you experienced so far? What questions do you have?
Today I just want to make sure that you have identified your why for taking on this challenge. The reason I am asking is because it is your why that will keep you grounded, motivated and will catapult you to your desired end goal. My why summed up in ONE word is Healthy. I want to be healthy in every area of my life so I can be actively engaged with my family, make an IMPACT in my sphere of influence, to fulfill my God given purpose for living and to live long enough to be actively engaged with my grandchildren, great grandchildren and beyond. All of these things cannot be done well if I’m not healthy.
So my ask of you today is to identify your why and embody that why in ONE word. This will help you to focus on meeting your goals!!! Write this word on a sticky note and put it on your bathroom mirror so you can be reminded daily! If you don’t mind sharing type your ONE word in the comments below or send me a personal message.
Let’s get it!!!
For motivation on your Keto diet and fitness journey follow me on my blog at http://www.monicaakerele.com
Our August #30DayChallenge starts tomorrow!!! Time to buckle down and put our goals into action!!! Are you with me??? Details are on the link below! 🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾
#LetsGetIt #GetFit #EatClean #Exercise #HOPEdealer #LetsGo #MOTIVATION
Are y’all ready to finish this month’s #Keto #30DayChallenge strong? We have 5 more days to go!!! Don’t let anything or anyone stand in the way of you meeting your #goals!!! In case anyone has any questions about what the #Ketogenic diet is check out this link below & think about joining us on our next #30DayChallenge starting on September 1st!
Let’s get it!!!
For #motivation on your #diet and #fitness journey follow me on my #blog at http://www.monicaakerele.wordpress.com #Exercise #EatClean #Sleep #DeStress #FinishStrong #Day26
Sooooooooo today I went shopping for some new #gym clothes. I tried on some pants in the plus size section because that’s all I’ve ever bought or could wear since the age of 12. Well guess what? I had to move on to the Misses section today!!!!! From 3X to XL Baby!
Moral of the story is just because you’ve never experienced being out of the plus size range doesn’t mean you never will. All things are possible if you believe & do the work to achieve! Goodbye #PlusSize! Hello Misses!!!💯 #LetsGo
For motivation on your weight loss journey follow me on my blog at:
Also follow me on Twitter @MonicaAkerele
Happy Tuesday! It’s our final weigh in day for the month of July! Check the video below to hear my July #weightloss results and some results from our fellow #30DayChallenge group members! It’s been AWESOME!
New #Keto challenge starts TOMORROW!!! I will update my website with more details later today! Much love! #LetsGetIt #Goals #GetFit #EatClean #Exercise #Winning 💯🏃♀️🏃♂️
For motivation on your diet & fitness journey follow me on my blog at http://www.monicaakerele.wordpress.com
Also follow me on Twitter @MonicaAkerele
Happy Thursday! It is day 15 of our 30 day challenge! Can you believe that we are halfway through June already? How has it been going? Have you been sticking to eating clean, exercising, getting adequate sleep and reducing stress? Well I know it is not easy but I promise you it is worth it. Well it’s time for our midpoint weigh in!!! Weigh in first thing in the morning and let me know how things are going!!! Depending on what you see when you step on the scale tomorrow will determine what your next steps are.
If you like what you see keep doing what you are doing!!! But if you didn’t see a change or if the scale is going in the wrong direction I would suggest several things:
1) Are you eating clean unprocessed whole foods? If not cut out all gmo, genetically engineered processed foods. Eat Organic or Non GMO whole foods instead.
2) Are you exercising at least 3-5 days a week? If not become consistent with this incorporating cardio, strength training, and/or HIIT training. Try to walk on your days off for at least 30 minutes to keep active.
3) Are you tracking your food intake daily? If not use MyFitnessPal, Fitbit or Fooducate apps to track your meals daily to ensure you don’t go over your calorie intake for the day.
4) Are you an emotional eater or do you feel you have a food addiction? Are you under a lot of stress? You may need to get some counseling. Getting counseling to help you work through some emotional issues is essential to your emotional health of which directly impacts your physical health. Don’t look at it as a bad thing because it isn’t. Nothing is wrong with taking care of yourself in this way. Getting counseling is an extension of self love. Call your HR dept to see if they have an EAP (Employee Assistance Program) that will give you free sessions to see a counselor. Most companies offer this as a benefit.
5) Do you find it challenging to figure out what to eat? Sometimes we need to see a dietician or a nutritionist to get a tailor made eating plan based on your health conditions, lifestyle etc… Once you have your eating plan work it!!! Most insurance plans offer over the phone Nurse/Health Coaching as a benefit. Call your health insurance to see if this is available as a covered benefit.
Lastly here are 30 tips from Authority Nutrition that I think you should check out to see if it may help boost your weight loss. As always check with your doctor before trying any of these tips.
Remember consistency is the key! Let’s get it!!! 🏃♀️🏃♂️💯🙌💪