#TGIF!!! Today is day 23 of our #30daychallenge!!! This means we are in the home stretch, heading into the last week of this month’s challenge. How are things going? Are you on track to meet the goals that you set for yourself at the beginning of this month? How is the exercise going? Have you been consistently getting it in at least 3-5 days a week? Well for me it has been really consistent because I’ve set a non-negotiable target of at least 10,000 steps a day and at least 60 minutes of #exercise per day. This plus implementing a Ketogenic diet consisting of eating clean, whole & organic or Non GMO low carbs, protein & healthy fats (no sugar) has helped me meet and sometimes exceed my weekly weight loss goal of at least 2 pounds per week. So far this month I’ve lost 9 pounds. That’s an average of 3 pounds a week!
My question to you today is how BAD do YOU want the RESULTS you are seeking? Are you willing to lay aside all excuses and get it done? Are you willing to try new strategies (Keto, HIIT and/or Intermittent Fasting (IF 16 HR) to see if it will help you to get over the plateau hump? Do your research and consult with your doctor to be sure it is safe for you to do. Lastly here are some tips to getting consistent exercise in daily.
1. Make exercising a priority, do what you have to do for you! Aren’t you worth it? YES YOU ARE!!!
2. Work out 1st thing in the morning before you go to work or right after!
3. While watching your must see TV walk/jog/run in place, do sit ups, push-ups, stretching, lift weights…etc.
4. Move whenever you get the chance, force yourself to take a walk break at work on your lunch or on your 15 minute break.
5. Get a workout partner and hold each other accountable to a work out time & place.
6. Get a Fitbit device (Check out their website to discover their devices http://www.fitbit.com ) and join a community of other people trying to meet step goals! Let me know when you do so I can add you as a friend & challenge you to daily step challenges through the Fitbit phone app.
7. Just DO SOMETHING! Even if it’s just for 10 or 15 minutes a day be consistent & gradually increase your workout time in increments of 5 minutes each week. Make it a goal to eventually get to 30-60 mins of exercise per day for at least 5 days a week.
You CAN do it! I believe in you! Make the last week of this challenge great, healthy & active!!!
Let’s get it!!!
Follow me on my blog at http://www.monicaakerele.wordpress.com
Also follow me on Twitter & Instagram @MonicaAkerele for more motivation & inspiration on your journey!!!