Happy Sunday! I hope you have had an AWESOME weekend! Well tomorrow is the start of our next 30 day challenge for the month of February!!! Our goal for each month is to:
- Eat Clean – meaning eating absolutely no processed foods
- Eliminate added sugar from your diet (fruit is ok)
- Eliminate all starchy carbs including potatoes, rice, beans(or limit beans to 1 serving per day) & pasta
- Eat lean meats, vegetables, fruit, nuts & protein smoothies! Try to buy organic/non gmo foods when possible!
- Greek Yogurt is ok especially the Triple Zero Greek Yogurt from Dannon which just so happens to be endorsed by the Super Bowl 50 bound Carolina Panthers!!!
- Drink Plenty of water, almond milk and green tea (no sugar added)
- Exercise 3-5 times per week for at least 45-60 minutes per session.
- Get at least 7-9 hours of sleep per night to reduce the stress hormone cortisol from being released into your body of which causes you to retain fat, making it hard to lose weight.
Are you ready to make these changes for a healthier you? Well together we can get it done! During this challenge I plan to share healthy recipe ideas, give you a snapshot of what meals I will be eating for the day to give you ideas and the latest news/trends/suggestions on healthy eating, exercise, fitness gear and weight loss. Remember this journey is not a one size fits all. This is just a starting point where the journey begins! Making these changes will help give you a great start & help you to keep the weight off! My goal here is to help motivate and support you along the way and for you to in turn do the same for me! We can do this!!! Ready? Set?
Follow me on my blog at http://www.monicaakerele.wordpress.com for motivation on your weight loss and exercise journey!
Also follow me on Twitter & Instagram @MonicaAkerele