Are you ready to jumpstart year 2021 by Choosing Healthy??? Well let’s get started!!! Today is the start of our 2021 Choosing Healthy Self-care challenge!!! Let’s make self-care an intentional exercise this month and throughout 2021!!!
If you are wanting to ease your way into this Choosing Healthy self-care challenge you will have 3 main options to choose from:
Option 1: No Sweets for the month of January.
Option 2: No Sweets and at least 30 minutes exercise/activity daily (with at least 2 days of resistance training weekly).
a. No Sweets
b. At least 30 minutes of exercise/activity daily (with at least 2 days of resistance training weekly)
c. Low carb meals only, no starchy carbs (eliminate bread, potatoes, pasta, rice and sugar (not fruit)) and no snacking in between meals.
Which option are you going to choose? 1, 2 or 3???
Now for my hardcore Choosing Healthy with Monica Akerele followers!!! If you want to go ALL IN this month then you will do Option 3 plus committing to get at least 7-9 hours of sleep daily and practicing intentional self-care daily. I’ll provide a link below to my practicing intentional Self-care YouTube video that goes more in depth to give you some motivation and some ideas to incorporate. Whatever you decide to choose let’s get it!!! 🔥🔥🔥
So let me ask you again! Are you ready to practice intentional self-care this month???
If yes let’s:
1) Get started, step on a scale and write down your starting weight!
2) Lay aside ALL excuses and make your mind up to go after your goals consistently!
3) Think, pray and declare with your mouth that you are going to make healthy changes that will align with your goals and intention for this month.
4) Write out your Goals/Action Plan for this month, for example:
– Lose weight – 1-2 pounds weekly
– Exercise at least 3-5 days a week
– Eat Clean Non-GMO/Organic (no processed foods)
– Reduce or Eliminate Starchy carbs/sugar (20-50 grams of total carbs daily)
– Get more sleep (7-9 hours daily)
– Reduce Stress by practicing mindfulness, yoga, breathing exercises, prayer, walking outside and enjoying nature, gardening and/or etc…
Add any other goals you may have…
5) Eat healthy and whole foods (if possible organic/non-gmo) fresh or frozen foods and throw away any processed food left in your home to eliminate temptation. (For example candy, chips, sugary/high carb snacks, cookies, etc.)
6) Exercise 3-5 days weekly be sure to practice social distancing while doing it!!!
7) Execute your action plan and stay consistent!
We will weigh in at the start (1/2), midpoint (1/15) and at the end of this month (1/31) to measure our progress!
You CAN do it!!! Let’s get motivated, stay consistent and CHOOSE to make January 2021 HEALTHY and ACTIVE together!!!
My full monthly Eat Clean/Keto/IF/Exercise/Self-Care challenge details are here:
I’ve added some Motivational Coaching Services as an additional resource to help support you on your health journey if needed. Click on one of the 2 link options below to set-up an appointment with me.
1on1 Motivational Coaching (30 min session):
1on1 Motivational Coaching: (1 hour session)
Thanks to everyone who supported me on my new song release on 1-1-21 for my NEW song Faith Forward. If you haven’t seen my new single lyric video premiere check it out at the link below. You can purchase and download my new song on iTunes, Amazon Music, YouTube Music, and listen on Spotify, Pandora, Apple Music and all other online digital music media outlets.
I’m so grateful for all 230+ of my YouTube channel followers! Thanks for your support as I continue to expand to get this motivational message of self-care, healthy eating, exercising, health and wellness and gardening out to everyone. You also get access to my latest music! Subscribe today and please share this channel with your friends and family! www.youtube.com/monicaakerele
Watch my YouTube video on Why Practicing Intentional Self-care Is Critical:
Check out how I achieved my 70 pound weight loss goal during this pandemic here:
For motivation on your Choosing Healthy journey click the follow button on my blog at: http://www.monicaakerele.com.
Disclaimer: Always get your doctor’s approval before embarking upon a ketogenic, intermittent fasting and/or an exercise regimen. This is not a substitute for professional medical, nutritional or exercise advice this is for motivational, informational and educational purposes only.