#HappyThanksgiving to my #Keto #30DayChallenge family!!!!! I’m thankful for each of you! Enjoy this day with friends and family and get back on track with our Keto challenge tomorrow IF you decide to deviate from the plan!!! Just focus on portion control with your carbs for today if you do. We are in the last stretch of our November #Keto challenge with 8 days left to go!
Let’s get it!!! 🙌🏾💪🏾
For motivation on your diet and fitness journey follow me on my blog at http://www.monicaakerele.com
So you decided to take the challenge with me but realized that today is THANKSGIVING! Yes it is but guess what you don’t have to worry about it because I’ve got some tips for you!
1) Start Thanksgiving off right with a nice workout! This will help get your metabolism a boost for the day and will help lessen the impact of the hearty Thanksgiving meal you plan to have. I know you won’t believe it but I already have 5,000+ steps so I’m well on my to meet my exercise target and calorie goal for today.
2) Try to go for 1 round of food instead of going back for 2nds & 3rds in one sitting. Fix a to go plate instead that you can enjoy later in the day or the next day.
3) Watch your portion size! Try to eat a little bit of everything but don’t fill your plate with big portions.
4) Go for a walk after your meal. Burn some of those calories off!
5) Drink water instead of calorie filled drinks to reduce your calorie intake.
Go to https://authoritynutrition.com/tips-to-avoid-holiday-weight-gain/ for 20 tips on how you can avoid or lessen your chances of gaining weight on Thanksgiving!
Enjoy yourself this Thanksgiving but don’t overindulge. Remember you still have goals to meet! I just want you to know that I’m truly thankful for you being on this diet & exercise journey with me. Don’t give up!
Let’s get it!
Follow me on my 30 Day Challenge blog at
http://http://www.monicaakerele.wordpress.com & on Twitter @MonicaAkerele
Today is Day 14 of our 30 day challenge! How are things going? What challenges and successes have you had thus far? For me I have had some challenges & successes so far. I will share with you high level both. My biggest challenge has been resisting the temptation to emotionally eat. This was my old go to/habit/method of coping when I was dealing with stress. Instead of drinking alcohol and taking drugs I chose food as my drug of choice. Which is how I became overweight in the first place. I was averaging a weight of over 260 pounds for most of my life… Thank God I can say that was the old me… That person is gone now! Thank God I can say that I have not fallen into the emotional eating trap but just fighting off the temptation has been a challenge. This month has been one of the most stressful months this year between work stress, family stress, ministry stress and interpersonal stress. Trying to juggle all of the hats that I wear daily can be challenging at best but I thank God for giving me the grace to handle each issue successfully.
Instead of emotionally eating to deal with the stress I decided to first pray, second praise & thank God for what he has already done and what he is going to do and lastly I got in some extra exercise. Instead of falling off the wagon and getting a dessert or ice cream, eating chocolate or an extra helping of food I decided that when I get stressed that I would take it out on the treadmill or the elliptical trainer and I also threw in some sit ups, flutter kicks and some push-ups! I felt so much better after doing that. I had to shift from my old patterns of dealing with issues and shift to something new, beneficial and healthy for me. I had to have a paradigm shift in my thinking. I have come too far to turn back now. Can I get an AMEN? We all have to make the decision to just say no to bad and unhealthy habits and build/implement a list of new ways that you will handle things in stressful times. I would encourage you to get a pen and paper or your tablet or smartphone and write a list of activities you can do in times of stress. I’ll start us off:
Instead of Emotionally Eating I am going to do the following:
- Pray alone or reach out to someone trusted to pray with you.
- Meditate on the word of God
- Praise/Worship God
- Go EXERCISE at the Gym, Outside or at Home!
- Reach out to a trusted friend or accountability partner that you can talk to who can help encourage you
- Listen to or sing a Christian/Inspirational song
- Listen to Christian/Inspirational Preaching/Teaching podcasts
- Read a Christian/inspirational book or blog
- Drink a nice cold glass of Lemon Water 🙂
Feel free to add to this list but this is what I do to get through those stressful times. If you find yourself needing additional support coping with life and issues from your past I would highly recommend you getting an appointment to meet with a highly rated Professional/Licensed Counselor/MSW Therapist (If you are in Charlotte, NC I recommend Dominion Counseling at http://www.dominionccs.com), Pastor/Minister or a Life Coach. There are resources available in the community to help so take advantage of it so you can start the process of becoming whole BODY, SOUL & SPIRIT!
I am praying for your wholeness & success! Let’s Get It!!!!
Press Like, Share & Follow my Blog at http://www.monicaakerele.wordpress.com