Welcome to Day 1 of my next 30 day challenge! Are you ready to lose weight and get fit? This 30 day challenge has been set up to motivate you on your diet and fitness journey. I started this blog in 2013 that year I lost a total of 63 pounds in 6 months! Now that is epic! If you are interested in learning more about my motivational diet and fitness blog and to read past posts and get access to new ones I post click on the follow me button on my blog at http://www.monicaakerele.wordpress.com so you can subscribe and get automatic updates in your email whenever I post new motivational articles. Read below for the challenge details & stay tuned for future updates! Let’s get fit and eat clean in 2015!!!
The goal for this challenge is to eat clean that means no processed foods and to eat organic food as much as possible but if its not possible for you to buy organic just stick to eating clean. I’ll explain in a future blog post why eating organic is a healthier choice. Here are the acceptable foods for this challenge:
1) Lean meats including chicken, turkey, lean cuts of beef and pork. Turkey or Pork Bacon with no Nitrites or Nitrates. Target, Trader Joes, Whole Foods Market, Healthy Home Market, Fresh Market and EarthFare sells this. You can also have Dannon Triple Zero or Chobani Simply 100 Greek Yogurt and Eggs.
3) Fruit (Do not eat this after 4pm)
4) Beans, peas, hummus (limit to once per day)
5) Nuts and Seeds
6) Drinks: Water, unsweetened almond milk, whey or soy protein for a breakfast shake or smoothie, coffee and hot green, black, or white tea. You can drink coffee or tea without a sweetener or you can use 1-2 teaspoons of honey as your sweetener. But limit it to once per day. On this challenge I really want to eliminate all artificial sweeteners as studies suggest that they are more harmful to your health as originally suspected. Strive to drink at least 1 gallon of water per day or more.
7) Sleep at least 7-9 hours per day
8) Exercise at least 3-5 days per week for 30-60 minutes per session.
9) Lastly register for this free weight/calorie tracking service at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ or you can download the MyFitnessPal app on your smartphone or tablet. Send me your username and the email address you used to register to this Free service to my email at firstname.lastname@example.org The purpose of this app is to track your meals, water and exercise activity for the day. It also allows you to track your weight and measurements. Remember this you cannot manage what you do not measure! When you get set-up I want you to add me as a friend on there so I can hold you accountable during the challenge from a tracking standpoint & also so I can celebrate your successes along the way. If you choose the option of finding friends on Facebook you will be able to add me. Otherwise you may be able to find me by my username of which is monicaakerele.
I know this may seem challenging but it has truly been the key to my weight loss success along with prayer! I lost 63 pounds in 6 months by implementing these processes. Let me know what questions you have! If you would like to take this challenge with me email me email@example.com
The next challenge starts on Thursday, July 2nd, 2015! Take a before picture before you start so when the challenge is over you can see the difference that one month of healthy eating and exercise made.
As an important reminder please consult with your medical doctor for approval before starting this or any other diet and/or fitness program.
Let’s Go! You CAN do it! #30DayChallenge
Also check out my website http://www.monicaakerele.com. To keep up to date with what I’m doing in music, ministry and fitness!
Also follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram @MonicaAkerele