Happy Thursday! Today is day 23 of our 30 day challenge!!! This means we are in the home stretch, heading into this last week of this month. How are things going? Are you on track to meet the goals you set for yourself at this beginning of this month?
How is the exercise going? Well for me it has truly been a challenge this month to consistently get all of the exercise that I need. This month has been the most challenging this year for me because the demands on my job have increased and I working overtime out of the wazoo, not to mention celebrating all of the birthdays, baby showers, graduation and more this month. BUT guess what? That AIN’T no excuse, I know ain’t isn’t really a word but you know what I mean!!!
So what do you do when you feel there is no time in the day to exercise? I have a few suggestions:
1. Make exercising a priority, do what you have to do for you! Aren’t you worth it? YES YOU ARE!!!
2. Work out 1st thing in the morning before you go to work or right after!
3. While watching your must see TV walk/jog/run in place, do sit ups, push-ups, stretching, lift weights…etc.
4. Move whenever you get the chance, force yourself to take a walk break at work on your lunch or 15 minute break.
5. Get a workout partner and hold each other accountable to a work out time & place.
6. Get a Fitbit device (Check out their website to discover their devices http://www.fitbit.com/ ) and join a community of other people trying to meet step goals! Let me know when you do so I can add you as a friend & challenge you to daily step challenges through the Fitbit phone app.
7. Just DO SOMETHING! Even if it’s just for 10 or 15 minutes a day be consistent & gradually increase your workout time in increments of 5 minutes each week. Make it a goal to eventually get to 30-60 mins of exercise per day for at least 5 days a week.
You CAN do it! I believe in you! Make the last week of this challenge great, healthy & active!!!
Let’s get it!!!
Follow me on my blog at http://www.monicaakerele.wordpress.com
Also follow me on Twitter & Instagram @MonicaAkerele for more motivation & inspiration on your journey.