fitness · Goal Setting · weight loss

The Power of Setting Goals! Let’s Go!

20130918-131953.jpg

What goals do you have? Are they specific? Are they measurable? Are they written down? Setting goals are necessary in order for you to measure whether you are arriving at your destination or not. What goals do you have? This is true in any area of your life but as it relates to weight loss how many pounds do you need to lose total? Write that down on a sheet of paper at the top. Then write down underneath it achievable short term goals that you can shoot for on the road to your final destination or goal. When I first started my weight loss journey I was overwhelmed by the overall weight loss goal that I set for myself but instead of being overwhelmed I decided to dissect it into small goals. I started off with a 5% of my total body weight goal which equated to a 13 pound loss. Once I met that goal I set a new goal at 10%, next I went to 15% now I am working on my 20% of my original body weight goal!!! Seeing the progress that I have made in losing over 40 pounds has been very motivational! Setting short term goals has taken the stress off of me trying to achieve my final goal weight since I am focused on 1 short term goal at a time. I also use this method when I work out. I set goals for what I want to accomplish each time I work out. Today my goal was to knock out 4 miles and guess what I did! Believe me you can do anything you put your mind to. Take some time today to set your overall goals, then decide & write down what your short term goals will be to get you there. I dare you to dream & to reach beyond the stars as it relates to your goals in life, in every area of your life. Do not settle for a mediocre existence, there is so much more to you than that. Remember there is nothing too hard for God, so if you believe & you commit your goals to Him & get to work (faith without works is dead) you will be unstoppable.

Let’s Go!!!
#30 Day Challenge
http://www.monicaakerele.com

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s