Welcome to my 30 day challenge blog! I hope you had an active and healthy December!!! If not NO worries…. Why? Because TODAY is a NEW DAY, it’s a NEW MONTH, a NEW YEAR and yes a NEW opportunity to improve YOU! It’s time for you to start afresh and to work on your goals towards becoming a healthier version of YOU! We don’t do diets here we are going to live this healthy life out one day at a time, one meal at a time, one exercise at a time! I am on this journey with you to becoming healthy and whole, Body, Soul and Spirit! It is not a sprint, it is a journey. Every journey begins with one step. If you are ready to take that first step join me on my next 30 day challenge beginning on January 2, 2019!!! Read below for details! It’s free!
The goal for this challenge is to eat clean that means no processed foods and no added sugar! Eat organic/Non-GMO food as much as possible but if its not possible for you to buy organic just stick to whole foods/eating clean. Here are the acceptable foods for this challenge:
1) Meat including chicken, turkey, beef and pork that are organic or free from hormones, preservatives, antibiotics & steroids. Turkey or Pork Bacon with no Nitrites or Nitrates. Target, Trader Joes, Whole Foods Market, Healthy Home Market, Fresh Market and EarthFare sells this. You can also have organic brown eggs. Aldi sells their organic eggs for $3.49 a dozen. This is the best price I’ve seen to date outside of Costco.
2) Organic/Non GMO Vegetables (fresh or frozen – no canned vegetables)
3) Organic Fruit – Berries are best as they have a lower glycemic index and are full of antioxidants.
4) Nuts (almonds, cashews, macadamia, walnuts) and seeds (chia and flax seeds)
5) Drinks: Spring Water, unsweetened organic/Non-GMO almond milk, coconut milk or organic vegan protein for a breakfast shake or smoothie, black coffee, Bulletproof Coffee, Bone Broth and hot green, black, white tea or herbal tea. You can drink coffee or tea without a sweetener. NO DIET SODAS/DRINKS nor artificial sweeteners as studies suggest that they can be harmful to your health & possibly cause cancer. Strive to drink at least 1 gallon of water per day.
6) Eat healthy fats such as organic coconut oil, coconut butter, avocados, avocado oil, olive oil, grass-fed butter and Ghee.
I recommend the following programs for weight loss & overall health:
Whole30: Whole30 program – I recommend this program for people who simply want to change your diet to eating healthy whole food in order to reduce inflammation and to break the cycle of eating processed foods for overall good health.
Ketogenic Diet: Ketogenic Diet It is a low carb/high fat diet where the body produces ketones in the liver to be used as energy. As a result the body goes into ketosis where it burns fat instead of carbs for energy thus kick starting weight loss.
Vegan Keto Diet: See link for details: https://eatandrelish.com/vegan-ketogenic-diet//
Intermittent Fasting: Intermittent Fasting Guide
I’ve tried them all and they do work and are beneficial for you to incorporate into your healthy lifestyle but ask your doctor/dietician first before beginning any of them.
7) Sleep at least 7-8 hours per day! This is soooooooo important!
8) Exercise at least 3-5 days per week for 30-60 minutes per session.
9) Register for this free weight/calorie tracking service at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ or you can download the MyFitnessPal app on your smartphone or tablet. The purpose of this app is to track your meals, water and exercise activity for the day. It also allows you to track your weight and other measurements. Remember this you cannot manage what you do not measure! When you get set-up I want you to add me as a friend on there so I can hold you accountable during the challenge from a tracking standpoint & also so I can celebrate your success along the way. Add me as a friend through my email firstname.lastname@example.org
10) Remember the following NOs on this challenge – No sugar outside of fruit, No starchy carbs including corn, potatoes, rice, pasta, no beans, no peanuts, no vegetable oil, no canola oil, no soybean oil, no dairy (outside of eggs & grass-fed butter), no artificial sugars or sweeteners and NO processed foods.
I know this may seem challenging but it has truly been the key to my weight loss success along with prayer! I lost 63 pounds in 2013 and 35 pounds in 2017 by implementing these processes. Let me know what questions you have by posting a comment on my blog page or you can send me an email at email@example.com. If you would like to take this challenge with me subscribe to this blog for free by clicking on the follow button.
As a reminder the next 30 day challenge starts on 1/2/2019! Take a picture before you start so when the challenge is over you can see the difference that one month of healthy eating and exercise made.
As an important reminder please consult with your medical doctor for approval before starting this or any other diet, 30 day challenge and/or fitness program.
Let’s Go! You CAN do it!
In case you didn’t know I have a single titled “Trust In You” released on iTunes, Amazon, Google Play and all other digital music stores.
Stay connected to keep up to date with what I’m doing in music, ministry and fitness!