Happy Tuesday! It is day 14 and we are almost halfway through January 2020 already!!! How are things going with eating clean, keto, exercise, getting sleep and reducing stress? Weigh in tomorrow and let me know how you are progressing from a weight perspective! I have one more question that I want to ask you. What is the ONE thing that you struggle with the most when making healthy changes? Is it diet, exercise, sleep, sugar, starchy carbs or something else? Please leave your answer in the comment section.
I think my answer would be SUGAR! I’m sure for many of you that would be your answer too! Lol! Here are several ideas to help you reduce your sugar intake:
• Drink only water (add a lemon wedge if desired) and unsweetened tea and/or coffee
• Eliminate desserts/sugary snacks from your diet
• Eat fruit that have a lower glycemic index such as berries (strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries).
• Eliminate candy and gum from your diet
• Reduce and or eliminate starchy carbs, as they turn into sugar and is stored as fat if it is not burned off metabolically as energy.
The reality is that reducing/eliminating sugar will help boost your weight loss and will help reduce your chance of developing Type 2 Diabetes. Check out this article below by Medical News Today that shares even more ideas and research backed insights that can possibly help motivate and educate you in your journey to reduce your sugar intake! Make this week healthy and active!
Let’s Go!!! 🔥🔥🔥
For motivation on your keto, intermittent fasting and exercise journey follow my blog at http://www.monicaakerele.com
Disclaimer: Always get your doctor’s approval before embarking upon a ketogenic, intermittent fasting and/or an exercise regimen. This is not a substitute for professional medical, nutritional or exercise advice this is for motivational and educational purposes only.