Happy New Years Eve!!! The December 30 Day Challenge is now complete & TODAY is the final weigh in day for our last challenge in 2016! Weigh in first thing this morning and let me know how you did! Did it go well or not so good? If not don’t worry, TODAY is a NEW Day & we are embarking upon a NEW year and yes a NEW YOU! We don’t do diets here we are going to live this healthy life out one day at a time, one meal at a time, one exercise at a time! I am on this journey with you to becoming healthy and whole, Body, Soul and Spirit! It is not a sprint, it is a journey. Every journey begins with one step. If you are ready to take that first step join me on my next 30 day challenge beginning on January 1, 2017!!!
Soooooooooo are you ready for our next 30 day challenge??!! See below for the details of our next challenge. I hope you will join me!
The goal for this challenge is to eat clean that means no processed foods and to eat organic food as much as possible but if its not possible for you to buy organic just stick to eating clean. Here are the acceptable foods for this challenge:
1) Lean meats including chicken, turkey, lean cuts of beef and pork. Turkey or Pork Bacon with no Nitrites or Nitrates. Target, Trader Joes, Whole Foods Market, Healthy Home Market, Fresh Market and EarthFare sells this. You can also have Dannon Triple Zero or Chobani Simply 100 Greek Yogurt and Eggs.
2) Vegetables (fresh or frozen – no canned vegetables if at all possible)
3) Fruit 1-2 per day (Do not eat this after 4pm)
4) Beans, peas, hummus (limit to once per day or for better results leave it out completely)
5) Nuts (almonds are best) and Seeds (chia & flax seeds – You can add this to your smoothies)
6) Drinks: Water, unsweetened almond milk, whey or organic vegan protein for a breakfast shake or smoothie, black coffee and hot green, black, or white tea. You can drink coffee or tea without a sweetener or you can use 1-2 teaspoons of honey as your sweetener. But limit it to once per day. On this challenge I really want to eliminate all artificial sweeteners as studies suggest that they can be harmful to your health & possibly cause cancer. Strive to drink at least 1 gallon of water per day or more.
7) Sleep at least 6-9 hours per day (depending on your age)
8) Exercise at least 3-5 days per week for 30-60 minutes per session.
9) Integrate some intermittent fasting. I have adopted this way of eating and it has definitely worked for me. Check out www.leangains.com for more details on this eating pattern. I will go more in depth on this in future posts.
10) Lastly register for this free weight/calorie tracking service at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ or you can download the MyFitnessPal app on your smartphone or tablet. Send me your username and the email address you used to register to this Free service to my email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The purpose of this app is to track your meals, water and exercise activity for the day. It also allows you to track your weight and measurements. Remember this you cannot manage what you do not measure! When you get set-up I want you to add me as a friend on there so I can hold you accountable during the challenge from a tracking standpoint & also so I can celebrate your success along the way. If you choose the option of finding friends on Facebook you will be able to add me. Otherwise you may be able to find me by my username of which is monicaakerele or by email, email@example.com.
I know this may seem challenging but it has truly been the key to my weight loss success along with prayer! I lost 63 pounds in 6 months by implementing these processes. Let me know what questions you have! If you would like to take this challenge with me email me firstname.lastname@example.org
The next challenge starts on January 1st, 2017! Take a before picture before you start so when the challenge is over you can see the difference that one month of healthy eating and exercise made.
As an important reminder please consult with your medical doctor for approval before starting this or any other diet and/or fitness program.
Let’s Go! You CAN do it!