Are you ready for our next 30 day challenge? The next one begins Monday, June 1st! Here are the details of the challenge below. I hope you will join me! Let’s get it!
The goals for this challenge is to eat clean that means no processed foods. Here are the acceptable foods for this challenge:
1) Lean meats including chicken, turkey & lean cuts of beef and pork. Turkey or Pork Bacon with no Nitrites or Nitrates. Target & Trader Joes sells this as well as Whole Foods Market. You can also have Greek Yogurt & Eggs.
4) Beans, peas, hummus
5) Nuts & Seeds
6) Drinks: Water, unsweetened almond milk, whey or soy protein for a breakfast shake or smoothie, coffee & hot tea. You can drink coffee or tea without a sweetener or you can use 1-2 teaspoons of honey as your sweetener. But limit it to once per day. On this challenge I really want to eliminate all artificial sweeteners as studies suggest that they are more harmful to your health as originally suspected. Strive to drink at least 1 gallon of water per day or more.
7) Sleep at least 7-9 hours per day
8) Exercise at least 5 days per week for 45-60 minutes per session.
9) Lastly register for this free weight/calorie tracking service at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ or you can download the MyFitnessPal app on your smartphone or tablet. Send me your username and the email address you used to register to this Free service to my email at email@example.com The purpose of this app is to track your meals, water & exercise activity for the day. It also allows you to track your weight and measurements. Remember this you cannot manage what you do not measure! When you get set-up I want you to add me as a friend on there so I can hold you accountable during the challenge from a tracking standpoint & also so I can celebrate your successes along the way. If you choose the option of finding friends on Facebook you will be able to add me. Otherwise you may be able to find me by my username of which is monicaakerele.
I know this may sound overwhelming but it has truly been the key to my weight loss success along with prayer! I lost 63 pounds in 6 months by implementing these processes. Let me know what questions you have!
Please Like, Share and Follow me on Twitter, Facebook & Instagram @monicaakerele
Happy Wednesday Everyone! I hope you are having a great & healthy week so far. Remember this is the last week of this challenge and we will begin a new one on June 1st!!! There will be no breaks this time around we are going to go hard for the month of June! Are you ready???
My motivation for leading and participating in this challenge is to achieve and maintain optimal health so that I can be an example for my children, glorify God in the way that I manage my body & also so I can fulfill the purpose for which I was born without being hindered by being unhealthy and out of shape. It also doesn’t hurt to have some other short term motivations! I actually have 2 extra ones. #1 I have a class reunion coming up in August & I’m also going to the beach and I will be rocking a new swimming suit! Me and the beach/swimming suits have never been friends in the past but I think this year we will get a long just fine because I am determined to be in the best shape of my life by August lol! Whatever your motivation is keep it before you and work towards it daily. When you feel like giving up remember why you started in the first place! I love you bunches let’s finish this week off strong!!!
In case you didn’t know I released a new single on Tuesday! It’s available NOW in all digital music stores including iTunes, Amazon and Google Play. You can go to my website at http://www.monicaakerele.com to hear a snippet of the song and to download it. Please share this with your friends and family! Thank you so much for your support!
The official release of Monica Hawthorne-Akerele’s new single “Trust in You” produced by Christopher Bostic (CMGM) will be tomorrow, Tuesday, May 26th! Trust In You is available now for Pre-Order on Amazon for 99 cents! Please share this post with your Friends & Family! Thank you for your support! Go to www.monicaakerele.com for the download links and to stay connected with what I am doing in music, diet & fitness!
Happy Saturday Everyone! It’s Day 22 of our 30 day challenge and it’s Weigh in Day!!! How did it go? How many pounds have you lost so far this month? You can either respond to this post or you can send me a personal message. I have lost 5 pounds so far this month! 5 is the number of God’s GRACE and it’s been exactly that which has empowered me to accomplish that so far for this month! I am looking to lose 2 more pounds during the last week of the challenge so I can finish the month strong with 7 pounds lost total for the month of May! What is your goal for this last week of the challenge? What will you do differently this week to make it happen? I recommend adding in an additional workout. What has helped me to get out of the weight loss plateau I was experiencing in April was to add an additional workout in so I workout first thing in the morning then again at lunch or sometime in the evening. That is exactly the push I needed to get my metabolism revved up again for weight loss! I also added more strength training to my exercise routine. I literally strength train a different area of my body 6 out of 7 days of the week. So I might do legs on Monday, Arms on Tuesday, Back on Wednesday, Shoulders on Thursday, Abs on Friday and so on… I do at least 30-45 minutes of cardio 5-6 days a week. Tell me what your plan will be for the week! Let’s go hard this week and finish strong! You CAN do it!!! Let’s get it!!!
Happy Healthy Thursday All! It’s day 20 of our #30DayChallenge !!! I want to know what you are eating today! Post pics, recipes or just tell us what you are eating for breakfast lunch snack and dinner. Here is a pic of my morning snack today. Almonds and Fruit sauce! Let’s get it!!! 🙂
Great day All! I hope your week is going well so far. Today is Day 19 of our 30 day challenge!!! We are more than halfway through it. So what is your meal and exercise plan for today? My food plan is to eat only lean meat, vegetables, fruit and nuts today. My exercise plan is to get at least 2 workouts in for the day and to get at least 15,000 steps in on my Fitbit challenges. I just finished my workout for this morning and I’ll get another one in either on my lunch break or in the evening. One thing I did differently this week was to include my family in my exercise time. It was fun, refreshing and hilarious to see my husband, son and daughter trying their best to keep up with me. It was really cool to see them be so engaged and excited about working out with me. We literally have never done this as a family even though I’ve been on this fitness journey for about 2 years consistently! Well that is going to change!!! I decided to implement at least 2-3 family exercise days a week. How awesome is that to get your children involved in physical fitness while they are young so they can develop this life skill and integrate it in their lives so they too can live a healthy life. I’m so excited about being able to redeem time with my family in this way and so can you. Make Family Time Fitness Time! Make today GREAT & Healthy! Let’s get it!!!